14 of Cambodia’s top journalists felicitated at event held at Ministry of Information
Prince Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Prince Holding Group (“Prince Group”), one of Cambodia’s largest and fastest-growing conglomerates, supported the ‘Cambodia Inspiration Journalism Award’ alongside TNAOT, a Cambodian media platform that provides exclusive content for every Cambodian. Prince Foundation is the gold sponsor for the award that will be given for the first time by the Ministry of Information, Cambodia, for long-serving journalists that have contributed to Cambodian development over the decades through their tireless efforts to keep society informed through their work. At the event held earlier today, 14 journalists received the award.
Through the sponsorship, Prince Foundation and Prince Holding Group believe the award can serve to inspire local media – traditional and new media – and Cambodia-focused journalists that have contributed to quality journalism in the public interest.
“We are honored to be part of this celebration of Cambodia’s top journalists,” said Gabriel Tan, Chief Communications Officer, Prince Holding Group. “As a communications professional, I am personally appreciative of how journalism, in both its new and old forms, has played an important role in helping societies around the world deal with difficult challenges. It is often vital for social development and serves as a pillar of education. Through Prince Foundation, we hope to be part of the transformative force that will aid Cambodia on its journey towards sustainable development.”
“With the Cambodia Inspiration Journalism Award, we believe these 14 journalists will inspire all of Cambodia with their example. Through the award, we look forward to telling the stories of those who have made a difference through their words and actions,” said Prum Seila, Khmer Content Director, TNAOT.
The 14 journalists are:
- Mr. Chet Sorn, Editor-in-Chief of Phnom Penh Thmey Newspaper and Administrative Director of the Club of Cambodian Journalists.
- Mr. Prohm Say, Editor-in-Chief of Khmer Civilization.
- Mr. Teav Saramony, Editor-in-Chief of Rasmei Kampuchea.
- Ms. Chea Sundaneth, Director General of FM102 Radio.
- Mr. Pech Bunra, Editor-in-Chief of Hang Meas TV
- Mr. Chun Sophal, Reporter of Angkor Thom Magazine.
- Mr. Soy Sopheap, Director General of Doeum Ampil Press.
- Moeun Chhean Narith, Deputy Editor-in-Chief and Descriptive Writer for the Khmer-Times and Professor of Journalism at the Press Institute.
- Mr. May Tithara, Internews Cambodia Press Officer.
- Mr. Ly Meng Hour, a journalist of PNN TV.
- Mr. Park Seangly, Environmental and Social Journalist at the Phnom Penh Post.
- Mr. Min Mao-Samnang, PNN TV journalist and representative of the Cambodian Water and Sanitation Journalist Network.
- Ms. Nhek Srey Leak, Editor-in-Chief of New Media, 25 Capital-Provinces.
- Mr. Van Saray, Deputy Director General of Information at Fresh News.
Earlier, Prince Foundation and Cambodia Investment Review, a promising media platform dedicated to investment news in Cambodia, agreed to jointly develop the ‘Prince Foundation Young Business Journalist Program’ that will support two outstanding Cambodian media & communications students studying at the Royal University of Phnom Penh.
The award continues Prince Foundation’s drive to help develop Cambodia’s educational foundations in line with the broader Group’s focus on building a better life in Cambodia. Prince Foundation has been actively involved in elevating the education sector over the past year and has unveiled a substantive scholarship program, supported a novel watchmaking school, ensured safe re-opening of schools in Cambodia, and contributed to a programme that helps underprivileged high school students plan for their careers.
About Prince Foundation:
Prince Foundation, founded in 2015, is one of Cambodia’s leading charitable foundations. A member of Prince Holding Group, one of the largest and fastest growing conglomerates in Cambodia, the Foundation aims to work with local communities to build thriving living and working environments that elevate people’s well-being and livelihoods following the vision: “Together, Building a Better Future for Cambodia”.
TNAOT APP is a media platform that focus on valuable information in Cambodia. It operates a mobile application that provides exclusive content for everyone, including trending and useful videos, movies, news, the most comprehensive content.
For further enquiries of Prince Group, please contact:
Ms. Ada Leung / Ms. Christy Pun
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Asia